Give the gift of a brighter tomorrow. Support Pathways LA on Giving Tuesday!
Pathways LA promotes economically resilient communities by strengthening families, supporting their self-sufficiency, and ensuring all children have access to the quality foundation they need for life-long success.
Millions of working families pay more for child care than they would for a mortgage/rent, transportation needs, or food every month. In Los Angeles, far too many low income families do not have access to high quality child care and early education because they cannot afford it. Over the past decade the cost of child care has spiked, forcing families to make difficult decisions about paying for care or being employed.
Pathways LA provides over $15 million in child care financial assistance for thousands of low income children in Metro Los Angeles. Your Giving Tuesday gift will help us continue to provide these critical services, helping to break the cycle of poverty.
Your Giving Tuesday donation to Pathways LA goes towards programs such as:
- Child Care Subsidy: Pathways LA administers child care financial assistance for over 3,500 children each year, allowing their parents to work to support their families and become self-sufficient.
- Child Care Center: Pathways LA operates a child care center in West Hollywood that provides 32 children each day with developmentally appropriate early child care services that improve school readiness by providing age-appropriate learning experiences, supporting healthy child development, and promoting successful family functioning.
- Child Care Provider Training and Quality Improvement: Pathways LA provides training, technical assistance, and individualized coaching to 1,000 child care and early education staff from center-based and home-based programs each year to promote best practices and ensure the highest quality of care for all children.
- Resource and Referral: Pathways LA is the designated Child Care Resource and Referral agency in our service area providing information and referrals to licensed child care, social services, health services, and basic needs assistance to all families in our community.
- Family Engagement: Pathways LA has launched a new Family Engagement program to provide families with evidence-based information, activities and resources that are shown to strengthen the family unit, increase resiliency and reduce child abuse, neglect, and trauma.