As part of our commitment to support the growth and development of child care providers, Pathways LA issues partial reimbursements for the three certification courses required of child care licensing applicants:
1. Pediatric Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
2. Pediatric First Aid
3. Preventive Health and Safety
Reimbursements are available on a first come, first served basis, as funds are available. Reimbursement will not exceed payment of the actual cost of the certification (up to $100) and cannot exceed $150 per person per year.
Certification courses must be or have been taken during the current fiscal year (July 1st – June 30th). The courses must be offered by the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or an EMSA approved training program.
To be eligible for partial reimbursement, providers must live in the Pathways LA service area and be a family child care provider, license exempt provider, family child care assistant or a child care center staff member.
To request reimbursement for a certification course you successfully completed, you must submit the following to the Resource & Referral Department:
1. Original Receipts
2. A copy of the certification cards
3. Completed Reimbursement Request form for each course
For more information, please contact us or call one of our Resource & Referral Specialists at 213-427-2710.
To print copies of the Reimbursement Request form, click on the appropriate link below (links coming soon):
• Family Child Care Licensee (FCC) Reimbursement Form
• License-Exempt Provider (LE) Reimbursement Form
• Assistants and Center Staff Reimbursement Form (for Family Child Care Assistants and Child Care Center staff)