For too many people disenfranchisement begins at birth. Pathways LA has a long history of fighting for the underprivileged to achieve equity in education. For decades our commitment grassroots network has remained committed to strengthening families and helping parents secure a bright future for their children.
Pathways LA aims to expand quality affordable child care services for our most vulnerable communities through targeted policy advocacy. Through conversations with neighborhood associations, providers, families and community members, we outline the specific needs that our system must incorporate to ensure that children receive a quality learning experience during the critical early years of brain development. We then engage with government officials at the city, county, state and federal levels, to advocate for investment in Early Childhood Education resources.
Our current policy priorities include:
- Expanding child care services to underserved communities.
- Developing a robust Early Childhood Education workforce of teachers and providers.
- Increasing reimbursement rates for providers that reflect the fair value of their work.
- Creating decent-paying jobs for parents and community members.
- Investing in all aspects of the child care industry.
Contact us to learn how you can get involved in Pathways LA’s advocacy efforts. No prior experience necessary!