Child Care Centers (sometimes called nursery schools or preschool programs) provide care for children in a group setting for all or part of the day. Centers can provide care for infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers, and school age children. Centers vary in size, focus, and philosophy.
- This environment is designed specifically for children
- Teamwork can promote a positive atmosphere and spirit of cooperation
- Staff emergencies do not affect the center’s hours
- Many centers provide a written account of the individual child’s activities.
- Centers are likely to have connections to a wider array of community resources
- Some centers are designed to assess and help children with special needs.
- The state requires that staff meet defined levels of child development coursework and training and mandates the ratio of adults to children
- A center must follow state licensing requirements, which provide guidelines for health and safety.
Pathways LA has it’s own child care center in West Hollywood – click the image below for more information!